London, United Kingdom
The UNAIDS Reference Group Fall Meeting 2017 was held at the Rydges Kensington Hotel in London, on the 16th- 18th October 2017. The purpose of this meeting was to provide technical recommendations for updates to Spectrum 2018, which is used by countries to generate estimates of HIV as part of the UNAIDS Global Estimates, and discuss other key areas relevant to the group.
The program was divided into the following sessions over the course of 3 days:
- Country Estimates and Software Updates
- Incidence Estimation using EPP
- Modelling Age- and Sex-specific HIV Estimates
- Use of Routine and Program data
- Use of Population Survey Data
- Estimating Key Populations
- Incidence Estimation using Case Reports
- Spatial-specific Estimates
- Estimating Mortality on ART
- Comparisons betweem IHME (GBD) and UNAIDS Estimates
The meeting report summarising the key discussions and recommendations, as well as a summary of just the recommendations, are available to download below. Meetling slides are accessible to logged in members only.
(Last updated: 20 December 2017)